Gooniversity was started in 2015 as a Special Interest Group (SIG) for those looking to train new players. Initially, the idea was to expand upon Goonswarm’s training group ‘Little_Bees' which existed mostly as an in-game channel into a support group and knowledge base for new and returning players. Today, Gooniversity has become a fully-fledged training organization that supports both Newbees and returning vets with a variety of resources, programs, and guides designed to help move them along their Eve journey.
Gooniversity has a numerous and expanding list of programs and resources to help our members develop in Eve.
- Massive archive of knowledge: The Gooniversity team has condensed a vast library of information into a single sub-forum. The wisdom of ages past guides your way forward.
- Skill Training & Skill Books: Gooniversity offers a large variety of skill books to help new players develop their characters, negating what would normally be a significant isk expense. For those who’d like a little more direction, we have pre-made skill plans that are as plug-and-play as Eve can get. For an in-depth overview of Gooniversity skill plans with emphasis on Imperium doctrines, visit this page.
- Free ships: Gooniversity offers free tackle frigates in the ‘gs_frigates’ channel so that even the newest of players can get straight into the action. Electronic Warfare ships are also offered and serve as another low barrier to entry to the fleet warfare that makes Eve so appealing. For isk-making, salvaging ships are offered to help Newbees generate isk from Day 1. Those with some more skill points can take advantage of the free ratting Myrmidon program.
- Instructional Classes: Gooniversity offers a full curriculum of classes covering everything from must-know, day 1 basics in the form of 101 classes all the way up to advanced PvP and industry.
- Peer Mentoring: Some folks learn better in a one-one environment. Gooniversity’s peer mentoring program enables its participants to learn from experienced pilots in just about any facet of Eve they desire.
- Faction Warfare: As the ideal new player environment, Gooniversity’s in-house fleet commanders frequently take fleets out into faction warfare space where you can have fun in large-scale fights and earn isk from the Loyalty Points system.
Joining Gooniversity is extremely simple. Being a new player focused organization, there are no prerequisites. Simply head over to this link and click join. After that, you’ll have access to the Gooniversity sub-forum where a wealth of information awaits.
In addition to the massive knowledge base that is the sub-forum, Gooniversity operates a Discord server. This server is where most Gooniversity activities take place, and is a great place to ask questions about Eve, as well as learn more about our offerings. There is also a calender for all upcoming classes. You can join the server here.
Joining Gooniversity as Faculty
Gooniversity is often recruiting new faculty to join the team. Check out the recruitment thread here to learn more.